Thank you, Ineke, from IScrap2 for this nomination! Ineke is a lovely, dog-loving, multi-talented person and the fact that she lives in my favourite country in this world, New Zealand… makes her even more awesome. If I ever go there again, I will certainly try to convince her that we should meet up. We would have a lot to chat about!
The Rules are:
1. You are awesome; tell us why.
2. You are my friend; tell us about other friends.
3. Be creative, but it’s ok if you are having trouble with this one.
4. There are no direct questions to answer; let yourself run wild!
5. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
6. Notify your nominees.
Being nominated is always an honour – someone likes what I’m doing here! Honestly, it really is more than enough with all your likes and comments, but I also want to take the opportunity to direct you to some blogs that you may not have found yet. So, here we go!
- I’m awesome? Well…hrm…in Scandinavia we have this saying from Jantelagen… (The Law of Jante) There are ten rules in the law as defined by the author Aksel Sandemose, all on the theme: You are not to think you’re anyone special or that you’re better than us.
- Maybe my awesomeness lies in my effort to convince students of their own awesomeness – that we are all unique in our own way. I try to make them find, see and recognize their own advantages.
2. I will tell you about other blogging friends further down this page!
3. Be creative. I am having problems with this one…next question?
4. No questions? Let yourself run wild! In that case, I will give you a couple of my favourite quotes, togehter with a significant prayer…
”A camera is a tool for learning
how to see without a camera.”
”Life is like a camera. Focus on what’s important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don’t work out, just take another shot.”
Finally, I’m growing older.
This prayer certainly doesn’t apply to me (…;-D), but some people I know (none of you, of course…but I’m sure you know someone who…) would benefit from thinking over these lines…
A PRAYER FOR THOSE GROWING OLDER
Lord, Thou knowest that I am growing older.
Keep me from becoming talkative and possessed with the idea that I must express myself on every subject.
Release me from the craving to straighten out everyone’s affairs.
Keep me from the recital of endless detail. Give me wings to get to the point.
Seal my lips when I am inclined to tell of my aches and pains; they are increasing with the years and my love to speak of them grows sweeter as time goes by.
Teach me the glorious lesson that occasionally I may be wrong.
Make me thoughtful but not nosy; helpful but not bossy.
With my vast store of wisdom and experiences it does seem a pity not to use it all. But Thou knowest, Lord, that I want a few friends at the end.
Please take a look at these awesome blog(ger)s! As you know me – they will give you everything from wonderful photos, life stories, hiking, nature, recipes and experimental photography/art. Enjoy!
And to you who are nominated – you do not have to do anything at all – just feel my appreciation!