Fried liver anglaise or suédoise
Liver 700,0 gram
Bacon 280,0 gram
Flour 0,5 dl
Butter 100,0 gram
Potatoes 0,8 kilo
Creme 4,0 dl
Lingonberry jam (fresh berries – not boiled)
or capers (pickled)
How to: (25 min )
- Peel and boil potatoes.
- cut the liver into fine slices, about a centimetre. turn in flour and salt.
- Fry bacon and let the fat run off on a piece of paper.
- Heat up butter in a frying pan. When no bubbles left, put in the slices – not too close to each other. Fry 2-3 minutes on one side and 1 minute on the other.
- Warm the capers in the butter if ”anglaise”, or if ”suedoise” pour the cream in the pan and heat it up.
- Serve with capers (anglaise) or with lingonberries (suédoise).
Frying tips: Important to fry the liver fast in hot butter and not too long ( we have all tasted ”rubber”, haven’t we…) , the slices should be pink inside.
Thanks to: Spisa.nu
This of course means that I like liver – when I cook it myself! I remember those ”rubber soles” we had to eat at school lunches…impossible for anything but shoes. But I always liked the smell and the creme sauce. My husband also loves liver, so when we’re alone I sometimes surprise him with it. And, not only for the smell. Our children are not that interested though…they were also served rubber soles at school.
So, it’s never too late – follow the frying instructions and enjoy!
And why not join in? http://margaretrosestringer.com/2014/03/04/lioli-2/